Thursday 13 May 2010

Slumminess Inheritence

We must all come from somewhere and my slumminess is certainly an inherited gene. My mother.

My mother is coming for dinner tonight - and by dinner I mean copious amounts of red wine (her, not me). She is a highly successful audio/ radio director and producer and I remember her mantra being "I have better things to do than clean". And cook. And do the washing or the washing up. And the ironing. She has other strengths but domesticity isn't one of them. Tonight I will cook a roast chicken and salad (she's never "done" salad) and new potatoes and I can guarantee that she will take hers home in a tuppaware box - for breakfast. Crap, have suddenly realised that by eating dinner for breakfast my SSC has also inherited the gene. I will let you all know how dinner goes but if she leaves sober and with a full stomache I will faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment