Friday 14 May 2010

Wine Consumption

My wine consumption is far from ideal - well not to a doctor anyway, to me it's just dandy! Surely I'm not the only mummy out there who gets excited that bedtime is almost over and that lovely pop sound can occur. But maybe I'm pushing it...

We live in a block of flats with a courtyard that our kitchen overlooks. There is a man who stands on the stairwell of the flats opposite to smoke. I've never met him but he seems nice enough. I've just passed him and he asked me "what type of wine is it you're always drinking?" ALWAYS????? And then he gave me two bottles of white that he'd been given because they don't drink. ARGH! Am clearly local alchy. Have just moved my kitchen stool to other end of kitchen so can now not be spotted enjoying the evening glass (or 3). Does this count as secret drinking? Am I heading down a slippery slope? Anyway, luckily it's almost SSC's bedtime so I shall ponder this question in my new kitchen position with a glass of bubbles - out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment